“A New Year…”
As I reflect back on 2012, I realized that it truly was a very big year for our family – both personally and professionally. Here is a quick little recap to journal this year so that my aging mind will always remember.
1. My babies started Kindergarten. Missing the cut-off by to attend by two days, they walked so confidently into their very first classroom at the tender age of four.
2. We went on our first Disney Cruise. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND going if you have not yet.
3. After seven years of gifting his amazing rum cakes, my husband finally turned it into a business. A Bum’s Rum Cake incorporated in August of 2012. During the months of November and December, his company baked & shipped over 1200 delicious rum cakes around the nation. In less than six months of business, he has been featured on The Charlotte Today Show, in South Park Living Magazine and taped his first promo piece with the incredible Timm Young Films.
4. My parents found a beautiful ranch home to purchase less than three miles away from us. We are very excited to have them so close to us.
5. Studio move. My husband and I purchased a beautiful uptown studio in 2007. However, after moving our family from NC to SC, I found myself always working from the home-office…leaving my chic space sitting dark…often. As of May 2012, operations are strong out of The Mill and the studio has been rented. The best thing out of all of this…I get to see my babies get off the bus each day.
It’s 2013! Can you believe it?!?
I cannot wait to see what this last year in my 30’s holds.
Oh – and NYE! We spent it relaxing and playing at Grandma & Grandpa’s. A quick little setup outside + music + dancing and fun…voila. Precious little snapshots of my babies celebrating their first “staying up to midnight!” New Year’s!
My little buddy and his moves.